First ever encyclopedia documenting the Gaza war released Sunday
Gaza, The “creativity” studies and training foundation released Sunday the first ever electronic encyclopedia that documents Israel’s late 2008 early 2009 war on the Gaza Strip to mark the war’s second anniversary as it approaches.
The encyclopedia, dubbed “the Gaza Holocaust”, is the product of drawn out efforts by the foundation’s strategic research and studies center, said foundation head Mohammed al-Madhoun. “More than 120 of the foundation’s field researchers contributed to this remarkable work, as well as many more from research centers, rights foundations, and ministries.”
The idea, sparked at the time of Israel’s aggression, was to document the suffering and crimes that occurred during the war. “The encyclopedia contributes to the decay of Israel’s legitimacy in the framework of a battle that stripped Israel of its moral and humanitarian legitimacy.”
The reference book attempts to correct the past mistake of not recording Israel’s crimes. “The encyclopedia therefore protects history from being falsified, and provides a reliable reference with voice and picture.”
The name “the Gaza Holocaust” was part of the name battle that Israel had been playing in an attempt to monopolize names. The named heroic disaster was therefore named the holocaust.
Madhoun called on media agencies to deliver the encyclopedia to every household in the world. “The encyclopedia should be translated into English, and then continued to be developed and supported with more data and documents.”
He added that the reference followed a new approach in documenting history and building cases against criminals in light of the current information revolution.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Westminster attack: Death toll rises to five
- North Korea 'tests new high-thrust rocket engine'
- Trump administration to host first anti-ISIL meeting
- FBI: No information to support Trump wiretap claim
- Rex Tillerson pledges to work together with China
- Clashes in Syria's Damascus after surprise rebel attack
- Israel arrests suspect behind US-Jewish bomb threats
- Israel built 2,630 illegal homes in West Bank last year
- Palestinian teen killed by Israeli fire in Gaza
- Israel: 2016 killing of Hezbollah commander inside job
- UN report decries Israeli settlements' 'alarming pace'
- Israeli coalition crisis raises threat of snap polls
|Syed Kamal Hussain Shah|