First ever encyclopedia documenting the Gaza war released Sunday
Gaza, The “creativity” studies and training foundation released Sunday the first ever electronic encyclopedia that documents Israel’s late 2008 early 2009 war on the Gaza Strip to mark the war’s second anniversary as it approaches.
The encyclopedia, dubbed “the Gaza Holocaust”, is the product of drawn out efforts by the foundation’s strategic research and studies center, said foundation head Mohammed al-Madhoun. “More than 120 of the foundation’s field researchers contributed to this remarkable work, as well as many more from research centers, rights foundations, and ministries.”
The idea, sparked at the time of Israel’s aggression, was to document the suffering and crimes that occurred during the war. “The encyclopedia contributes to the decay of Israel’s legitimacy in the framework of a battle that stripped Israel of its moral and humanitarian legitimacy.”
The reference book attempts to correct the past mistake of not recording Israel’s crimes. “The encyclopedia therefore protects history from being falsified, and provides a reliable reference with voice and picture.”
The name “the Gaza Holocaust” was part of the name battle that Israel had been playing in an attempt to monopolize names. The named heroic disaster was therefore named the holocaust.
Madhoun called on media agencies to deliver the encyclopedia to every household in the world. “The encyclopedia should be translated into English, and then continued to be developed and supported with more data and documents.”
He added that the reference followed a new approach in documenting history and building cases against criminals in light of the current information revolution.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Deadly clashes in south #Lebanon refugee camp
- #Russia blocks UN tribunal on #MH17
- Pastor 'admits bid to build Christian state in N Korea'
- Several dead in #Turkey in attacks blamed on PKK group
- UK restricts dissident Chinese artist's visa request
- US and #Turkey agree to create 'ISIL-free zone' in #Syria
- #Palestine to lodge #ICC complaint over baby's death
- In Search of a Hero
- Israeli Diplomat: Maintaining German Guilt About The Holocaust Helps Israel
- Palestinians bury baby killed in West Bank arson attack
- Palestinian baby burned to death in settler attack
- #Israel authorises force-feeding of prisoners