The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Ireland says big 'Yes' to gay marriage in world first
- #ISIL gains ground with capture of Syria's Palmyra
- #Myanmar navy announces rescue of stranded #Rohingya
- #Burundi opposition leader Zedi Feruzi shot dead
- Libyan army troops killed in push for Benghazi
- Suicide bomber attacks Shia mosque in Saudi Arabia