The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Deaths reported in shooting in US college
- Palestinian killed and hundreds injured in West Bank
- #Russia accused of striking civilian targets in #Syria
- Reports: Iranian troops in #Syria for joint offensive
- #Israel limits Palestinian access to Jerusalem Old City
- #Russia rejects criticism of air strikes in #Syria