The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Tunisian president says country 'in a state of war'
- #Greece overwhelmingly rejects bailout terms
- US 'spied on Brazilian president and her top officials'
- #Philippines charges owners of sunken ferry with murder
- #Yemen battle rages as air strikes intensify in Sanaa
- Kurdish fighters advance on ISIL-held Raqqa