The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Iraq launches offensive to to retake Tikrit from ISIL
- Rebels in Syria's Aleppo reject UN truce plan
- UN #Syria envoy moves to finalise deal on Aleppo truce
- Mass rally held in #Moscow to honour slain Putin critic
- #Egypt court ruling opens way for possible poll delay
- Opposition to hold vigil for murdered Kremlin critic
|William T. Hathaway|