The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- UN votes to reinstate full Western Sahara mission
- Policemen killed in blast in Gaziantep in Turkey
- Venezuela raises minimum wage as high inflation bites
- Muqtada al-Sadr's supporters storm Iraq's parliament
- Greece removes refugees from Athens due to tourist rush
- Ban boosts appeal of film about Pakistan corruption
|William T. Hathaway|