The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Kurdish-led SDF launches offensive on Syria's Raqqa
- EgyptAir plane 'did not swerve' before crash
- Syria civil war: ISIL bombs rock Assad-held cities
- Merkel: Turkey must meet all terms for visa-free travel
- Official inquiry faults Clinton for private email use
- Zimbabwe's 'million-man march' for Mugabe fizzles