The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Colombia and FARC sign historic ceasefire deal
- German police shoot dead hostage taker in cinema
- Dozens of pro-government fighters killed in Libya clash
- China to launch cruises to Spratly Islands: reports
- Israel kills Palestinian woman in occupied West Bank
- Colombia and FARC rebels announce deal on ceasefire
|William John Cox|