The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Munich shooting: 10 killed in shopping centre attack
- Munich attack: Shooter's motive 'completely unclear'
- US election: Democrats' leaked emails cause DNC crisis
- Powerful blasts kill at least 80 in Kabul protest
- Turkey in shake-up of security forces after failed coup
- South Sudan opposition replaces missing leader Machar
|Liaquat Ali Khan|