The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- AU fails to persuade Yahya Jammeh to step down
- MSF: Nigeria air strike on refugee camp kills dozens
- Adama Barrow heads to Mali for Gambia crisis talks
- Syria's main opposition bloc backs Astana peace talks
- Israel Lobby: Headlines, resignations, calls for probe
- Mexico: US border tax could trigger 'global recession'
|Allen L. Jasson|