The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Nepal opens Everest for first time since earthquake
- Gulf countries issue travel warnings for #Lebanon
- UN Security Council holds first meeting on #LGBT rights
- Protester dies during demonstrations in #Beirut
- #Egypt security forces clash with striking policemen
- Streams of refugees flow into #Macedonia from #Greece
|William John Cox|