The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Syria using chlorine gas to attack town, activists say
- US electric car pioneer #Tesla unveils 'home battery'
- Gunmen killed outside US exhibition on Islam's prophet
- Israel's Ethiopian Jews rally against police brutality
- #Burundi policemen killed in grenade attack
- Dozens killed in US-led air strikes in northern #Syria