The Obama administration is funding so-called "shadow" internet and mobile phone networks, which allow activists to operate independently of government controls.
The "shadow" networks are portable kits that fit in suitcases, which could maintain ad-hoc computer networks useful to activists in places where internet is either inaccessible or being monitored.
One team of technologists in Washington has received a government grant to build a portable network.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Protests after Anaheim policeman drags teen, fires gun
- UN decries Israel's West Bank demolition order
- New earth-like exoplanets discovery 'best bet' for life
- Amnesty: Toxic fear mongering pushing back human rights
- French police search Marine Le Pen's party headquarters
- Philippine court orders arrest of senator Leila de Lima
|Liaquat Ali Khan|