Jimbo Simmons is a member of the Choctaw Nation and of the Governing Council of the American Indian Movement, which resists colonization, respects traditional knowledge and self-determination, and raises awareness on issues that concern Indians of the Americas, from racism to protection of sacred sites, the rights of the child, treaties, political prisoners, police brutality, immigration and militarization, climate change and the United Nations General Assembly "Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. He is in solidarity with Palestinians and all indigenous peoples that are subjected to expulsion and ethnic cleansing.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Finland: Tens of thousands march in anti-racism rallies
- Abubakar Shekau appears alive in new Boko haram video
- Zimbabwe castigates Botswana leader over Mugabe comment
- Call for emergency UN meet amid regime assault in Syria
- Missing Mexico students: Case unresolved two years on
- Deadly air strikes hit two Aleppo hospitals
Who Is Your Choice for President?
|Timothy V. Gatto|