In an interview Wednesday with Newshour Senior Correspondent Jeffrey Brown, GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachman, R-Minn., attacked rival Newt Gingrich’s policies on illegal immigration for being less conservative than the rest of the GOP field.
“He has said that we should make the 11 million illegal workers that are in this country legal,” Bachman said. “And he probably has the most liberal position on illegal immigration of any of the candidates in the race.”
In Wednesday’s interview, Bachman also discussed her choice of language on the campaign trail, what the U.S. should do with enemy combatants and criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Solyndra loan guarantee.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Russia and Syria deny striking UN aid convoy in Aleppo
- Syria's war: UN 'ready' to resume humanitarian aid
- Scores drown after boat capsizes off Egypt's coast
- Nigeria: Troops battle Boko Haram near Malam Fatori
- Trump's son compares Syrian refugees to Skittles
- Iraq: Security forces close in on ISIL-held Shirqat
Who Is Your Choice for President?