In an interview Wednesday with Newshour Senior Correspondent Jeffrey Brown, GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachman, R-Minn., attacked rival Newt Gingrich’s policies on illegal immigration for being less conservative than the rest of the GOP field.
“He has said that we should make the 11 million illegal workers that are in this country legal,” Bachman said. “And he probably has the most liberal position on illegal immigration of any of the candidates in the race.”
In Wednesday’s interview, Bachman also discussed her choice of language on the campaign trail, what the U.S. should do with enemy combatants and criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Solyndra loan guarantee.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Turkish reporters get two years in prison for blasphemy
- Bulgarian town bans women from wearing full-face veils
- US election: Trump and Clinton win in Northeast poll
- Dozens killed in wave of air strikes in Syria’s Aleppo
- France charges Salah Abdeslam for Paris attacks
- French protesters clash with police over new labour law
|William T. Hathaway|
|Liaquat Ali Khan|