In an interview Wednesday with Newshour Senior Correspondent Jeffrey Brown, GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachman, R-Minn., attacked rival Newt Gingrich’s policies on illegal immigration for being less conservative than the rest of the GOP field.
“He has said that we should make the 11 million illegal workers that are in this country legal,” Bachman said. “And he probably has the most liberal position on illegal immigration of any of the candidates in the race.”
In Wednesday’s interview, Bachman also discussed her choice of language on the campaign trail, what the U.S. should do with enemy combatants and criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Solyndra loan guarantee.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Trump declares media 'the enemy of the American people'
- Blast hits Pakistan's Lal Shahbaz Qalandar Sufi shrine
- Deadly car bombing rocks Iraq's Baghdad
- Air raid on Yemen funeral 'kills at least nine women'
- Geneva talks unlikely to focus on transition in Syria
- Pakistan mourns attack victims as security stepped up
|William John Cox|
|Allen L. Jasson|