In an interview Wednesday with Newshour Senior Correspondent Jeffrey Brown, GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachman, R-Minn., attacked rival Newt Gingrich’s policies on illegal immigration for being less conservative than the rest of the GOP field.
“He has said that we should make the 11 million illegal workers that are in this country legal,” Bachman said. “And he probably has the most liberal position on illegal immigration of any of the candidates in the race.”
In Wednesday’s interview, Bachman also discussed her choice of language on the campaign trail, what the U.S. should do with enemy combatants and criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Solyndra loan guarantee.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Official inquiry faults Clinton for private email use
- Syria: '100,000 trapped' near Turkey as ISIL advances
- Zimbabwe's 'million-man march' for Mugabe fizzles
- UN seeks Syria aid access as civilians risk starvation
- Avi Gabbay quits Israeli government in protest
- China official attacks Tsai Ing-wen for being unmarried