A Soldier in the Shadows
WARNING: Graphic and disturbing photos between 38:40 and 40:45.
U.S. Army Ranger John Needham, who was awarded two purple hearts and three medals for heroism, wrote to military authorities in 2007 reporting war crimes that he witnessed being committed by his own command and fellow soldiers in Al Doura, Iraq. His charges were supported by atrocity photos which, in the public interest, are now released in this video. John paid a terrible price for his opposition to these acts. His story is tragic.
CBS reported obtaining an Army document from the Criminal Investigation Command suggestive of an investigation into these war crimes allegations. The Army's conclusion was that the "offense of War Crimes did not occur." However, CBS also stated that the report was “redacted and incomplete; 111 pages were withheld.”
This video is placed with the context of Vice President, Dick Cheney, insistence that this nation's efforts "must go to the dark side;" which included ignoring the Geneva Conventions.
John's story is told, here, by his father, Michael Needham. It is produced in the spirit of the public interest and towards promoting justice and the rule of law.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Turkey declares 'state of emergency' after failed coup
- Munich shooting: 10 killed in shopping centre attack
- US goes after $1bn in assets from Malaysia's 1MDB
- Journalist Pavel Sheremet killed by Ukraine car bomb
- HRW: Security agencies killing suspects in Kenya
- France confirms three soldiers killed in Libya
|Liaquat Ali Khan|