Israeli forces have attacked aid ships attempting to break the blockade of Gaza.
Commandos lowered themselves from helicopters and onto the Mavi Marmara - the lead ship in a flotilla of six vessels which are carrying humanitarian aid for the Palestinian territory.
Israeli Army Radio said up to 16 people may have been killed in the operation.
Al Jazeera's Jamal Elshayyal on board the Mavi Marmara sent this report before communications were cut.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- UN agency criticises #Israel for razing Palestinian home
- Egyptian student killed ahead of uprising anniversary
- US troops heading to Middle East to train #Syria rebels
- Iraqi-Kurds urge coalition to expand fight against #ISIL
- #Egypt court orders retrial of 152 Brotherhood members
- Journalist covering prosecutor's death flees Argentina