Israeli forces have attacked aid ships attempting to break the blockade of Gaza.
Commandos lowered themselves from helicopters and onto the Mavi Marmara - the lead ship in a flotilla of six vessels which are carrying humanitarian aid for the Palestinian territory.
Israeli Army Radio said up to 16 people may have been killed in the operation.
Al Jazeera's Jamal Elshayyal on board the Mavi Marmara sent this report before communications were cut.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- UN votes to reinstate full Western Sahara mission
- Policemen killed in blast in Gaziantep in Turkey
- Venezuela raises minimum wage as high inflation bites
- Muqtada al-Sadr's supporters storm Iraq's parliament
- Greece removes refugees from Athens due to tourist rush
- Ban boosts appeal of film about Pakistan corruption
|William T. Hathaway|