Israeli forces have attacked aid ships attempting to break the blockade of Gaza.
Commandos lowered themselves from helicopters and onto the Mavi Marmara - the lead ship in a flotilla of six vessels which are carrying humanitarian aid for the Palestinian territory.
Israeli Army Radio said up to 16 people may have been killed in the operation.
Al Jazeera's Jamal Elshayyal on board the Mavi Marmara sent this report before communications were cut.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Somali jet suspect 'checked in on Turkish Airlines'
- Tunisia completes barrier along Libya border
- Al-Qaeda claims kidnap of Australians in Burkina Faso
- Congo to probe alleged sex abuse by peacekeeers in CAR
- Algeria adopts landmark constitutional reforms
- Australian released by al-Qaeda says husband is alive