Israeli forces have attacked aid ships attempting to break the blockade of Gaza.
Commandos lowered themselves from helicopters and onto the Mavi Marmara - the lead ship in a flotilla of six vessels which are carrying humanitarian aid for the Palestinian territory.
Israeli Army Radio said up to 16 people may have been killed in the operation.
Al Jazeera's Jamal Elshayyal on board the Mavi Marmara sent this report before communications were cut.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Italy, Netherlands ask to share Security Council seat
- Brexit: Juncker, Farage spar in heated Brussels debate
- UK 'must agree' to free movement to access EU market
- ISIL retakes Syria border town from US-backed rebels
- France charges Rifaat al-Assad with corruption
- Lebanon attack: Suicide bombers strike village of Qaa