by Juan Cole
The Israeli military attempted to confiscate and erase the photographic and video evidence of its brutal asault on the Mavi Marmara aid ship on Memorial Day. But it turns out that digital images can often be recovered after erasure, and can be put on small memory sticks that can be hidden in nooks and crannies of luggage. So some images are in fact surfacing.
The most damaging is a film of an Israeli soldier kicking an American citizen while the latter is on the ground, and then executing him. This film completely refutes the rightwing Israeli government’s narrative of besieged lightly armed troops haplessly fending off naked aggression on the part of the aid workers.
The video, which has not been confirmed, is now at YouTube:
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- French aircraft carrier sent to target ISIL in #Syria
- #Argentina exit polls suggest win for opposition's Macri
- Mass raids after #Paris attacks spark civil rights fears
- Four killed in latest bout of West Bank violence
- Refugees sew lips in Greece-Macedonia border protest
- Gunmen abduct 'ethnic Hazara' in southern #Afghanistan
|William T. Hathaway|
|William A. Cook|