On the night of Sunday, May 30, showing a terrifying disregard for human life, Israeli naval forces surrounded and boarded ships sailing to bring humanitarian aid to the blockaded Gaza Strip. On the largest ship, the Mavi Marmara, Israeli commandos opened fire on civilian passengers, killing at least 9 passengers and wounding dozens more. Others are still missing. The final death toll is yet to be determined. Cultures of Resistance director Iara Lee was aboard the besieged ship and has since returned home safely.
Despite the Israeli government's thorough efforts to confiscate all footage taken during the attack, Iara Lee was able to retain some of her recordings. Bellow is raw footage from the moments leading up to and during the Israeli commandos' assault on the Mavi Marmara.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Al-Shabab seizes Somali town after peacekeeper pullout
- Telecom firm AT&T to buy Time Warner for $85bn
- Myanmar army forces hundreds of Rohingya from homes
- UNESCO approves new anti-Israel resolution on Jerusalem
- Prison break in Arcahaie in hurricane-hit Haiti
- Battle for Mosul: Iraq forces close in on more villages
Who Is Your Choice for President?
|William deB. Mills|