On the night of Sunday, May 30, showing a terrifying disregard for human life, Israeli naval forces surrounded and boarded ships sailing to bring humanitarian aid to the blockaded Gaza Strip. On the largest ship, the Mavi Marmara, Israeli commandos opened fire on civilian passengers, killing at least 9 passengers and wounding dozens more. Others are still missing. The final death toll is yet to be determined. Cultures of Resistance director Iara Lee was aboard the besieged ship and has since returned home safely.
Despite the Israeli government's thorough efforts to confiscate all footage taken during the attack, Iara Lee was able to retain some of her recordings. Bellow is raw footage from the moments leading up to and during the Israeli commandos' assault on the Mavi Marmara.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Syria: '100,000 trapped' near Turkey as ISIL advances
- UN seeks Syria aid access as civilians risk starvation
- Avi Gabbay quits Israeli government in protest
- Anti-Islam protest descends into violence in Australia
- Donald Trump 'secures enough delegates' for nomination
- Rodrigo Duterte officially wins Philippines presidency