He went out to play with his friends and was abducted by strangers who beat him and later he was forced to sign a confession. He was then sent to an adult prison. Mohammad (14 years old at the time) was playing with friends on a hill near his village (Biddu, near Ramallah) on 4 February 2008 when he was suddenly apprehended by four men dressed in civilian clothes.
The men grabbed Mohammad knocking him to the ground; they struck him several times on the head with a gun whilst his face was sprayed with tear gas. The men then blindfolded him and tied his hands and feet with plastic cuffs before throwing him into the back of a vehicle. Mohammad was interrogated in the absence of a lawyer, deceived into signing a confession to throwing stones, and imprisoned in Israel for four-and-a-half months.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Top court approves Russia's ban from Rio Paralympics
- Turkey: Suicide bomber kills more than 50 at wedding
- Turkey backtracks on 'child suicide bomber' statement
- Deadly attack hits American University campus in Kabul
- Flights cancelled as Typhoon Mindulle nears Japan
- Hundreds protest over murder of trans woman in Istanbul