In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- Hillary Clinton accepts nomination to run for president
- Obama says Clinton most qualified to be next president
- Turkey shuts scores of media outlets, sacks generals
- France: Priest killed in ISIL-linked attack on church
- US Vice President Joe Biden blasts Donald Trump
|Allen L. Jasson|