In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Official inquiry faults Clinton for private email use
- Syria: '100,000 trapped' near Turkey as ISIL advances
- Zimbabwe's 'million-man march' for Mugabe fizzles
- UN seeks Syria aid access as civilians risk starvation
- Avi Gabbay quits Israeli government in protest
- China official attacks Tsai Ing-wen for being unmarried