In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Myanmar army forces hundreds of Rohingya from homes
- UNESCO approves new anti-Israel resolution on Jerusalem
- Battle for Mosul: Iraq forces close in on more villages
- Deadly explosion hits Thailand's Pattani province
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi army making advance
- Air strikes kill school children in Syria's Idlib
Who Is Your Choice for President?
|William deB. Mills|