In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- S Arabia ready to take 'necessary measures' in #Yemen
- Six #Tunisia police chiefs dismissed over museum attack
- Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew dies aged 91
- Israeli PM regrets offending Arab-Israelis during poll
- #Yemen crisis talks to be held in Doha, says UN
- Afghan women carry body of lynched woman to burial
|William T. Hathaway|