In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Turkey building new tomb of Suleyman Shah inside #Syria
- Activists say 90 Christians abducted by ISIL in #Syria
- UN envoy heads to #Syria in bid to contain fighting
- US-led air strikes on #Syria ISIL targets 'kill 1,600'
- North Korea 'bans marathon runners over #Ebola fears'
- #Egypt minister 'recorded discussing protest crackdown'