In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Finland: Tens of thousands march in anti-racism rallies
- Abubakar Shekau appears alive in new Boko haram video
- Call for emergency UN meet amid regime assault in Syria
- Zimbabwe castigates Botswana leader over Mugabe comment
- Missing Mexico students: Case unresolved two years on
- Deadly air strikes hit two Aleppo hospitals
Who Is Your Choice for President?
|Timothy V. Gatto|