In Oakland, California an Israeli ship was blocked by protesters for the first time in history. 700-1000 protesters blocked three different gates at 5:30 A.M. keeping dockworkers from unloading the Israeli cargo.
ILWU members refused to cross picketline - citing "health & safety" provisions of their contract. Management demanded "instant arbitration." The arbitrator took a look at the picketlines at each gate to the SSA Terminal and ruled that ILWU members were justified in refusing to cross.
All dockworkers were sent home with FULL PAY.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Indiana governor sued over bid to block refugees
- #Gambia bans female genital mutilation
- Thai military court charges Bangkok blast suspects
- US coalition strikes in Syria 'killed 250 civilians'
- #Israel to displace thousands of Palestinian Bedouins
- Muslim forced off plane as US anti-Islam rhetoric rises
|William T. Hathaway|
|William A. Cook|