Emily Henochowicz, is a twenty-one-year-old American art student who lost her eye in May after being shot in the face by an Israeli tear gas canister at a protest against Israel's attack on the Gaza flotilla that left nine people dead. "I'm not ashamed of the fact that I lost my eye. I'm proud of who I am. I believed in the cause, and that's why I came to that demonstration on that day," Henochowicz says. "I'm not going to be the same person that I was before this happened."
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Turkey says parts of #Syria to become 'safe zones'
- #Turkey allows anti-ISIL coalition to use its air bases
- #NATO calls emergency meeting after Turkey's request
- Kurds condemn Turkish air strikes inside #Iraq
- Rally planned in #Beirut amid festering trash mountains
- #Yemen clashes reported despite truce