Glenn Beck, a renowned Fox news TV presenter, and other leading US conservative figures including Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice presidential candidate, are set to address supporters at a rally in Washington DC.
But the so-called Tea Party Movement gathering is being held where the African-American civil rights leader Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream speech", which called for equal rights for African-Americans, exactly 47 years ago.
The place and date for the rally has been seen as inappropriate by many because Beck is widely criticised for his racially controversial statements. Civil rights campaigners are set to hold a counter rally in the district.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- #Egypt restricts women from travelling to #Turkey
- #ISIL captures strategic Syrian city of #Palmyra
- Hundreds killed in #Syria fighting over Palmyra
- Thousands flee as Shia militias mass outside Ramadi
- Rescued migrants in Aceh recount horrific journey
- Shia groups deployed to retake Iraq's Ramadi from #ISIL