Glenn Beck, a renowned Fox news TV presenter, and other leading US conservative figures including Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice presidential candidate, are set to address supporters at a rally in Washington DC.
But the so-called Tea Party Movement gathering is being held where the African-American civil rights leader Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream speech", which called for equal rights for African-Americans, exactly 47 years ago.
The place and date for the rally has been seen as inappropriate by many because Beck is widely criticised for his racially controversial statements. Civil rights campaigners are set to hold a counter rally in the district.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Twin suicide bomb blast rocks northern #Cameroon village
- #Russia to halt visa-free agreement for visiting Turks
- Six children drown as refugee boats sink off #Turkey
- EU reaches $3bn deal with #Turkey to curb refugee crisis
- #Belgium charges man for 'terrorist attack' involvement
- Unrest erupts as #Macedonia erects fence on Greek border
|Allen L. Jasson|
|Timothy V. Gatto|