Glenn Beck, a renowned Fox news TV presenter, and other leading US conservative figures including Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice presidential candidate, are set to address supporters at a rally in Washington DC.
But the so-called Tea Party Movement gathering is being held where the African-American civil rights leader Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream speech", which called for equal rights for African-Americans, exactly 47 years ago.
The place and date for the rally has been seen as inappropriate by many because Beck is widely criticised for his racially controversial statements. Civil rights campaigners are set to hold a counter rally in the district.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Somali jet suspect 'checked in on Turkish Airlines'
- Tunisia completes barrier along Libya border
- Al-Qaeda claims kidnap of Australians in Burkina Faso
- Congo to probe alleged sex abuse by peacekeeers in CAR
- Algeria adopts landmark constitutional reforms
- Australian released by al-Qaeda says husband is alive