Thursday, December 14, 2017
   
Text Size

Site Search powered by Ajax

Video footage 'shows Boston bomb suspect'

Video footageInvestigators have spotted a Boston Marathon bombing suspect from security video taken before two blasts ripped through central Boston on Monday, a US law enforcement source has said, in what is potentially the biggest break in the case yet.

No arrests had been made, and the suspect in the video had not been identified by name, two US government officials said on Wednesday.

Police considered making an appeal to the public for more information at a news conference, a US government source said, but the FBI cancelled that news conference after delaying it several times, Boston police said.

The bombings, as well as subsequent reports that someone tried to mail a suspected ricin letter to US President Barack Obama - the second report of such a letter in two days - have created a climate of uncertainty in the country.

Earlier the FBI had said there was no indication of a connection between the ricin letters and the Boston bomb attacks.

The federal courthouse in Boston was evacuated amid reports a suspect for Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon was due to appear in court, but officials said they cleared the area because of a bomb scare.

Authorities have an image of a suspect carrying a black bag at the second bomb site.

Police may make an appeal to the public for more information, a US government source said.

Investigators of the bombings searched thousands of pieces of evidence from cell phone pictures to shrapnel shards pulled from victims' legs.

Battery recovered

Based on shards of metal, fabric, wires and a battery recovered at the scene, the focus turned to whoever may have made bombs in pressure cooker pots and taken them in heavy black nylon bags to the finish line of the world-famous race watched by crowds of spectators.

The blasts at the finish line of Monday's race injured 176 people and killed three: an 8-year old boy, Martin Richard, a 29-year-old woman, Krystle Campbell and a Boston University graduate student who was a Chinese citizen.

Boston University identified the student as Lu Lingzi.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Democrat Doug Jones defeats Roy Moo...

Read More

Fragile Arctic is here to stay: Rep...

Read More

Lawmakers seek probe into alleged T...

Read More

Alabama to vote in high stakes Sena...

Read More

Trump wants tightened immigration l...

Read More

Women demand probe into alleged Tru...

Read More

Global_News

Foreign ministry rejects Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital and warns of global consequences.

Read More

Donation

Thanks to all of our supporters for your generosity and your encouragement of an independent press!

Enter Amount:

Featured_Author

Login






Login reminder Forgot login?

Subscribe to MWC News Alert

Email Address

Subscribe in a reader Facebok page Twitter page

Week in Pictures

From snowfall to sunshine

Palestinians hold 'day of rage'